In this eight-week program, participants will learn and explore the roles that coaches must take in addressing diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB) in every coaching exchange — adapting and evolving the coaches’ mindset and presence to their client's needs. Incorporating teaching as well as practicing, the program embodies the ICF Competencies to build DEIB awareness, knowledge, and discipline to be an effective and empathetic coach. The ICF Core Competencies related to diversity and inclusion are intermingled in the program to train, support, and equip the participants to be successful in “Embracing Diversity in Coaching”.
Prerequisites: Completion of ANY ONE of the following:
- Fast Track to ICF Credential Graduate
- ACC, PCC, or MCC ICF Certified Coach
- Graduate of an ICF approved ACSTH or ACTP Program of 60 hours or greater
This course is offered live online. Click here to see our virtual classrooms in action.
Key Skills Covered
- Exploring diversity together
- How does diversity show up in coaching?
- Beyond our “usual” borders
- Unpacking unconscious bias
- Coaching the whole person
- Coaching through the lens of diversity
- ICF Core Competencies are interwoven throughout the program
Benefits of Participating
- Learn the foundation and dimensions of Diversity & Inclusion and Equality & Equity
- Explore coaching designed to increase presence through the “be S.H.U.R.” model
- Apply these learnings to your coaching sessions through scenarios and practice
- Become more knowledgeable and aware across similarities and differences
- Challenge yourself to identify your own unconscious biases
- Gain clarity about the aspects within your coaching that may be open to bias
- Expand your perspective and respect for a client’s identity, experiences, values, and beliefs
Receive a certificate of 12 CCE’s for successfully completing this program, along with a Certified Diversity Coach designation to proudly display.
Upcoming Program Dates
Our next live online course starts February 1, 2022. Eight classes held on Tuesdays from 11:00 am – 12:00pm Pacific / 2:00 – 3:00pm Eastern on February 1, 8, 15, 22, March 1, 8, 15, and 22, 2022.
PRICE - $995 CDN / $795 USD
This course is being delivered in partnership with Patricia A. Lee, ACC of P.A.L Consulting & Coaching LLC
Patricia A. Lee, ACC, is the developer and facilitator of the program. Patricia has more than 35 years of values-based progressive human resources experience in the Travel, Manufacturing, and Financial Services industries. Most recently, she served as an executive leader in diversity & inclusion, human resources, organizational effectiveness & transformation, learning & leadership development, and social responsibility at one of the largest global hotel companies. She is the founder of P.A.L. Coaching and Consulting, LLC where she is making a difference in diversity and inclusion: helping women and marginalized individuals find their courage and voice, and companies to find the right path forward. The goal: to unleash the potential of all to ensure the fulfillment of personal and professional goals.
- ACC certified
- BA Classics, Lehigh University; MS Human Resources, Rutgers University
- A recognized D&I expert, lecturer, and consultant. Recently producer and moderator for the World Trade Resources “Exploring the Dimensions of Diversity Through Data and People” 2021 series
- Guest professor, Rutgers University
International Coaching Federation (ICF) ACSTH Approved Programs
The Certified Diversity Coach Program is part of our Coach Approach to Leadership Series™ which is approved by the ICF as an ACSTH Program.