- What would you like to talk about today? This opens up the dialogue and lets the coachee guide the conversation.
- What outcome would you like to have from this conversation today? This question can help keep the coach from assuming they know what the coachees intentions are.
- Have you dealt with this type of situation before? This may help bring previous solutions or failures out which will help guide the conversation.
- What are the limitations here? Hopefully this will cause the coachee to stop and consider more thoroughly. Anytime a question is posed that requires a brief pause, give the coachee the time they need to fully investigate their response.
- What does your intuition/gut tell you about this situation? This may provide some insight into the coachee’s mindset or even values regarding their situation.
Ready to learn more? Head over to our website and check out the other 5 Powerful Coaching Questions. Learn More...