When coaching, the only place a coachee should be lead by a coach is into deeper discovery about themselves and their situation. However, leading a coachee into the coach’s way of thinking is strictly off limits. The chasm between the two is often a murky and gray area for many coaches. How do you bring someone into new awareness and discovery without tossing something out that comes from the coach’s line of thinking?
For years, the Personal Groundwork for Coaching Program™ has been used by coaches to do just that. It allows coaches to highlight and explore areas that are often at the source of where a coachee becomes stuck, self-defeating or demotivated. The Personal Groundwork for Coaching Assessment™ and accompanying workbook is a widely used tool to help coaches move their clients past daily symptoms and into the deeper source of what gets in their way when moving toward bigger and broader goals.
Contact us about delivering this virtual course to your organization.
Key Skills Covered
In this 8 week program participants will learn:
- How to use the Personal Groundwork for Coaching Assessment™ with coachees.
- Better ways to coach for sustainable change by getting to the root source.
- How to bring about awareness of where a coachee may be kidding themselves or are blind to seeing.
- Ways to identify resistance to change – what to listen for and questions to ask.
- How to coach someone who is playing a role(s) that no longer serves them.
- Coaching someone from being driven to being pulled forward by core values.
- How to identify what your coachee is passionate about and how to step into that.
To further embed the learning, you will work (outside of the classroom) with a different learning partner each week to coach one another around the concepts covered in the class.
The Personal Groundwork for Coaching Program™ has been a foundational piece of learning for several years at the Royal Roads University Executive Coaching program and the University of Texas Executive Coaching program.
Our next virtual course starts January 8, 2019. Eight classes held Tuesdays from 9:30 - 11:00am Pacific / 12:30 - 2:00pm Eastern on January 8, 15, 22, 29, February 5, 12, 19 and 26, 2019.
*For Fast Track Participants, please refer to the Fast Track Program Page for course dates.
PRICE - $995 CDN / $795 USD
International Coach Federation (ICF) ACSTH Approved Program
The Personal Groundwork for Coaching Program™ is Segment 3 of the Coach Approach to Leadership Series™, approved by the ICF as an ACSTH Program.
ICF Core Competency Hours: 20
For additional information on ICF credential and our ACSTH approved courses, click here.